How to plan last-minute shifting?
Moving is one of the most stressful things that can happen to you. The good news is that the more you plan for it, the easier and less stressful it will be. When you discover that you need to move quickly, some critical steps need to be taken.
Book The Removalist Service Immediately
Booking your Sydney removalists in advance is always a good idea because it saves you time, money, and stress. If you book the service in advance, you can plan your move better and get a better deal on the price of moving services.
If you want to save money on your move, you should book a removalist service early on so that plenty of options are available. Therefore, more competition from other Sydney removalists who can provide their services at lower costs. The more information given beforehand, the easier it will be for them to give an accurate quote based on what needs to be removed from one location and delivered to another.
Start Tossing the Unwanted Items
If you have leftover furniture or other things you don’t need anymore, it’s time to get rid of them. You can donate them to charity or sell them online or in a second-hand store.
Besides getting rid of the unwanted stuff, you must ensure that only what is needed is being packed and shifted with you. That way, there will be more space in the truck so that more things can fit inside, and hence fewer trips will have to be made from one place to another, which would otherwise cost time and money!
Start Packing Important Things
Start with the important things first. These are your documents, personal belongings, and anything else you can’t do without for an extended period.
- Pack fragile items in bubble wrap or other protective materials. Glasses, vases, China plates, and other delicate household items should be packed well so they don’t break during transit.
- Pack electronics like laptops and printers carefully to avoid damage due to extreme temperature changes during shipping or storage. You can use bubble wrap or foam peanuts if they’re not too big to fit safely into the box with your other belongings. Otherwise, consider purchasing a separate case for transporting electronic devices.
- Make sure clothes are correctly folded before putting them in boxes, especially jeans! Unfolded jeans will bunch up when packed tightly together, which could damage them during shipping because there isn’t enough room between layers for them all to breathe freely during transit. Likewise, shirts that have been left hanging instead of folded flatly against one another’s surfaces at right angles, as usual when being put away after washing/drying cycles, end up clumping into giant messes.
Labelling Is Necessary
Labelling is necessary to keep things organised and safe. Labelling should be done to make it easy to find the correct box and contents within it and keep them together, so they don’t get lost. It will also help you know where certain items are when unpacking at your new home, which can save time, money and hassle during your move.
The more specific the label is, the better. After all, there may not be another face towel called ‘Blue Whale’ anywhere else!
Dismantle the Furniture
If possible, wrap each piece individually by wrapping it in paper towels and then placing it inside cardboard boxes (or another suitable packaging).
- Dismantle the furniture
- Remove the screws and bolts
- Removing drawers, legs, back panels etc
- Remove handles and hinges
There is no doubt that planning your move is the most beneficial thing. However, if you cannot plan ahead of time and have to move at short notice, you can book Sydney removalists who can make your last-minute shifting easier.