How to Help Your Child Ace the Math Exam
Usually, exams are the most stressful situations that students face during their studies. With anxiety and tension, they wait to appear for quarter terms, midterms or final exams. Out of all the subjects, Math Exam has its own importance with a high-level of complexity. Yes, student aspiring to write competitive exams for a better career needs to be perfect with logical and analytical skills. For this, they need an excellent understanding of math and a perfect score in the exam. You can see why so many sharpen their skills with math competitions and thus seek an AMC 10 tutor near me.
We would like to recommend a few ways to help prepare your child to ace the math exam with a perfect score.
- Make sure they follow the syllabus: Your child should understand their syllabus for exams and prepare on those topics well in advance, before the exams to avoid confusion at the last minute. Yes, they need to be sure of the concepts they are going to learn. Advise them to prepare a chart of concepts they need to cover before exams and ask them to track their progress on it.
- Practice previous exam papers: Ask your child to solve past year question papers. You can get the question papers through online math help. Also, you can let them take mock tests with proper exam timing and the test-taking environment. All this can help your child get prepared for managing any unknown situations and time. From the mock tests taken, understand concepts your child finds difficult. So next, you can clear those conceptual doubts by making them practice more on the weak areas.
- Practice daily without fail: Make your child practice every day. Instead of waiting for the last moment before the exam and practicing at a stretch, your child can do this daily to reduce the exam stress. There are excellent online math help sites which have good practice and reference material for problems. Encourage your child to refer and use those online materials.
- Never miss out homework: You need to make sure your child is not skipping math homework. They may find it less exciting or hard to solve homework problems, you need to help them use math homework help online. They can guide your child on how to solve problems interactively with dedicated online math help chat. Your child may find this way of doing homework more interesting, and they won’t skip it.
- Write down formulae and methods separately: Ask your child to maintain a separate notebook for writing formulae and methods of solving a problem. Ensure they go through the formulae book on a daily basis, either before they go to bed or when they wake up in the morning. This way, when they see a question, they will remember the methods and formulae required to solve the problem. This has proven to be an efficient way of revising concepts.
- Let your child solve the problem in their ways: You need to understand a mathematical problem has different approaches to find the solution. There are no set rules that your child needs to follow a set pattern to solve a problem. It would be best if you encourage them to ask the logic behind any concept. With their thorough understanding of concepts, they can find their own way to solve the problem.
- Highlight the main methods and answer: Encourage your child to highlight the formulae used in steps and the final solution so that when a tutor reviews, they will be glad to see the precision in answers without any confusion. This can earn them marks as well as positive feedback. So make this highlighting a necessary work in their daily practice.
- Maintain calmness at home: Usually, exams can be stressful for your child. They start to feel the pressure when days are nearing for exams. This is the time when you need to provide them a calm environment without any distractions. Make sure they focus on their exam preparations better at home.